Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Scenes from a Farmers Market

Helby and I have gotten into the habit of picking up as much of our food as we can from the Farmers Market in Culver City every Tuesday. The fruits and vegetables tend to be fresher. And, of course, it's always good to support local businesses and vendors. If you have a farmers market near you, I recommend checking it out.


Here in Culver City, they close off one block of Main Street and set up their tents.


Local musicians add to the atmosphere.


Here's Helby buying a fresh-made veggie crepe:

And here's what roughly $17.50 worth of farmers market goods looks like (NOTE: $4 was spent on the honey alone. That's a premium product):

3 comments:

  1. I love our weekly trip to the market. Whether it is or not, it feels like I'm being healthier. And I feel better supporting local farmers. Although I love Trader Joe's, I still don't know exactly where their produce comes from.

    And that crepe was super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I love using the farmer's markets. It has so much more personality and community than the grocery store. Plus everything's cheaper. It's just one huge WIN :) Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, even the veggies get photoshopped in LA!? Surprised you didn't airbrush them. Don't think we didn't notice that extra little bit of saturation.

    ReplyDelete