Thursday, September 10, 2009

Baked Zucchini

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present the first item from our new guest contributer, my sister Dena. Take it away, Dena.


This is a dish Grandma Jean told me about from one of her Italian cookbooks. I made mine in a 9x9 dish, she made hers in a 9x13. Coat the bottom of baking dish with a little olive oil. Layer the following in thin slices: potato, zucchini, tomato and onion. Sprinkle with your seasonings (I used Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper) and grated cheese. Repeat layering (I did 2 layers). On the very top, drizzle olive oil. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about an hour (until potato slices are soft). Remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes until top is golden brown. I made it for my mom and we both liked it. As grandma would say, "It came good!"

No comments:

Post a Comment