Monday, August 24, 2009

Picnic Pasta Salad

Last week I was seeing a friend I hadn't seen in a while. We decided to have a picnic in the park to celebrate the fact that the weather was fabulous and we both had the afternoon free. The menu was: pasta salad, crustless sandwiches (marinated tofu, pb&j), fruit salad and more of my peanut butter cookies. Oh, and lemonade, of course. The pasta salad was my own creation, which is a big deal because I'm not one to "invent" a recipe. Although this was fairly simple. Observe:

Picnic Pasta Salad
- Cook one package of Israeli Cous Cous (or other small pasta of your choice) according to directions.

- After pasta is cool, mix it with dressing, and chopped veggies. I used roasted red pepper, artichokes, zuchinni, and red onion. For the dressing I made a roasted shallot dressing from Veganomicon (p86), which is my new favorite.

- Bring to picnic, photograph poorly, enjoy with an old friend!



No comments:

Post a Comment