Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Apple-stuffed Pretzels

Sometimes, when I feeling a bit hungry at a movie theater, amusement park, wherever, I want something more than just popcorn or candy. Then I see the soft pretzels basking in the heavenly glow of the heated lamp. Bingo.
Now, I can't remember where exactly this was, but I swear I used to get awesomely delicious soft pretzels stuffed with not super fattening cheese, but tart tasty apples. For the life of me, I've never been able to find these again. That forces me to make my own.


Since this was my first batch with a recipe I made up in my head, it needs some work. But you get the idea.

  • Dough: 4 cups flour; 1 1/2 cups water; 1 packet yeast; 1 tbsp sugar
  • Apple stuffing: 2 granny smiths, chopped; cinnamon; nutmeg; brown sugar; (heat in a pan with butter to soften before rolling in dough)
  • Brush on a beaten egg for browning. Cook at 425°F for 15 min.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment