Sunday, August 16, 2009

Chickpea Rat-a-tat-tat


The other night I made Chickpea Ratatouille, from Vive Le Vegan. I always forget how much I love this recipe - maybe it's because I don't like regular ratatouille much (except the movie, of course). But this is nothing like regular ratatouille. This one uses much less pepper, no eggplant or zucchini,and, obviously, features chickpeas, my favorite of all the beans (shh, don't tell the others).Oh, and it's super simple to make, just some chopping and pop it in the oven for about an hour. In theory you'd serve it with a fresh salad or some cooked greens, but my plan to steam up a bunch of kale went to hell when the heavenly smells started coming from the oven and I forgot about all other food.

2 comments:

  1. Food is looking good.Informative blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic! I think I'll be adding this to our party menu for Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete