Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ultimate Oatmeal


There's nothing I like better than oatmeal for breakfast on a cold winter morning. My usual has berries and flax seeds, but sometimes on a day off I like to go crazy and make the "ULTIMATE" oatmeal. Obviously yours might have different ingredients based on your preferences, but just try it with every delicious thing you can think of. Trust me.

Ultimate Oatmeal
-frozen strawberries, raspberries & blueberries
-fresh banana sliced or chopped
-ground flax seeds
-chopped/sliced cashews, walnuts & almonds
-a pinch of brown sugar

Cook the oatmeal according to the directions (I use the 1-minute quick cook). If you're using big pieces of frozen fruit, like my strawberries, you might want to partially thaw them ahead of time or put them in the water as you boil it to get them warmed through. Add smaller frozen fruit with oats. Once oatmeal is cooked, add fresh fruit, flax, nuts and sweetener. Hold the bowl in both hands to warm yourself and enjoy.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment