Friday, December 11, 2009

Holiday Sugar Cookies




I've never made sugar cookies before (gasp!) and I thought I'd give it a shot this year. So to cheer up my co-workers, I made a batch of Chanukah cookies. Step 1 - Pick up awesome Chanukah cookie cutters - dreidel, star of David, menorah. Step 2 - Find recipes for cookies & icing. Step 3 - Make & decorate.

The recipes I used were Eloise's Easy Sugar Cookies and Powdered Sugar Icing I. I found the cookie dough fell apart a bit too much when I was rolling it out, but the cookies taste great. I also used Ener-G egg replacer in place of the egg in the recipe, but that should surprise nobody. And the icing, I only did half a recipe, which iced just enough to bring to work (30 small cookies).

Then I plated them up and wrapped 'em in cellophane to bring to the office to celebrate the festival of lights. Happy Chanukah everyone!!

1 comment: