Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hash Browns

This was my first stab at homemade hash browns, and I think it went well.

hashbrowns

There aren't too many rules for making hash browns. Basically if you're skillet-frying potatoes and vegetables, they're hash browns.

Olive oil is the best grease for the pan. Dice your favorite vegetables, and throw into the pan with cubed or grated potatoes. (The above hash browns include red pepper and tomato.) The final rule: they're not hash browns until you include chopped onions. Season to personal taste. Warm until the potatoes are tanned. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I would fight you that Grapeseed is the superior oil. It has little flavor and can take much more heat than olive oil. It is simlar in price and nutritional content as olive oil. Not very exciting in dips, but a great alternative for mid to high heat cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've definitely peaked my curiosity. I'll have to check that out. But in the case of hash browns, I love the flavor that olive oil adds to the mix.

    ReplyDelete