Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fruit & Nuts

My fiance and I have been systematically helping each other eat more healthfully over the past two years we've been together. Part of the reason this works so well is that he spends a lot of time reading about the best way to eat and lately we've been concentrating on eating as much raw food as possible: fruit, veggies and nuts. Part of this is because I recently decided I want to be vegan... at some point in my life (though I'm not sure how long it will take me to give up cheese if I'll ever be able to do it!) and part of this is because Matt has a whole new perspective on eating for health after reading The Unconstipated Gourmet. Classy, right?


So one night we made ourselves a huge fruit platter of pear, apple, banana, grapes and strawberries and enjoyed it with a bunch of mixed nuts (Brazilian, almond, walnut, etc.).


Part of me feels guilty as an environmentalist to be eating so much fruit out of season, but my body is really craving it and I feel significantly healthier so I'm REALLY enjoying our latest adventure in eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment