Monday, October 12, 2009

Shepherd's pie

To celebrate the Celts bringing Halloween (Samhain) from Ireland and England to America, I've decided to commemorate with a homemade shepherd's pie.

Instead of ground lamb or beef, to make this veg I used Yves meatless ground round. If you're using meat, then make sure meat is thoroughly cooked first.
  1. In a Pyrex bowl, layer starting with the "meat", then a couple cups of mixed vegetables, then top with mashed potatoes.
  2. Cook at 350°F for about 30-40 minutes - whenever the veggies inside get hot.
  3. Season with whatever you like and top with your favorite gravy. And Voila!


1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling I will be making this sooner rather than later. Cool weather and comfort food go together like... me and mashed potatoes :-)

    ReplyDelete