Monday, October 19, 2009

Leek and Celery Soup with Avocado

Soups are so delicious on a cold night! Last night Matt made me some one-of-a-kind leek and celery soup with avocado. It was so incredible that it needed no seasoning! Unfortunately, since he never writes down his secret recipes for me to share, all I can do is taught you with how yummy and filling it was... Also, here's a recipe for a similar soup, via The Singing Chef:

1 cup Leeks, chopped
1/2 cup Celery stalks, chopped
1 tsp Mixed Herbs (Parsley, Basil)
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Garlic, chopped
1 cup Milk
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a pressure pan, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and fry for a minute. Add the leeks and celery and fry for 2-3 minutes. Now add the mixed herbs and 1 cup of water and cook for 2-3 whistles.

Cool the vegetable mixture and blend in a liquidizer. Transfer the contents back to a pan and add the milk. Bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa... this is impressive. I would love to try. Yummy! I wish someone would make it for me now....

    Tina

    ReplyDelete