Monday, July 19, 2010

Pasta and Broccoli

Today, a new recipe from guest contributor Paula...


Here's a quick and easy dish to take to a picnic. It can be used as the main dish (for us vegetarians), or as a good side dish. It doesn't really have a name, it's just something I made up.
  • 1 lb penne pasta
  • 1 - 10 oz pk frozen chopped broccoli
  • olive oil
  • grated cheese
  • several cloves of garlic (or one clove Elephant Garlic)
Cook pasta according to directions on the box. Drain. In the same pan, heat up some olive oil and saute garlic cloves. I cut them up to get more flavor. I also like to use the Elephant Garlic...I really like garlic. When the garlic is soft, add the chopped broccoli and cook until tender. Put the cooked penne in the pan. Mix all together. Add more oil if necessary. Add grated cheese to taste - about 1/4 cup. Toss. Serve hot. Like I said, quick, easy, and always a hit.


No comments:

Post a Comment