Thursday, May 10, 2012

Simple Salad Dressing

I found this gem while looking for coupons in Whole Foods "Whole Deal" coupon booklet (that they conveniently only have AFTER the checkout, so you have to really try to get coupons for your current visit).




Ingredients
1 clove garlic or small shallot, finely chopped (I used garlic, because that's what I had on hand, but will use a shallot next time I can get my hands on one)
1 teaspoon 365 Everyday Value Organic Dijon Mustard 1/4 cup white or red wine vinegar  (I used red wine, but may try apple cider next time)



1/2 cup 365 Everyday Value Extra Virgin Olive Oil 
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh herbs (chives, chervil, parsley or dill) (dried works in a pinch, but fresh is better)
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt 
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 


Method
Put garlic or shallot into a bowl with mustard. 



Whisk in vinegar, and then oil. 
Stir in herbs and season to taste with salt and pepper. 

Find the original recipe and variations here.

No comments:

Post a Comment