Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Italian Meatloaf

May is a very busy month for me with all kinds of traveling for work. Thus, Joe is left home alone to fend for himself. If I have time between trips, I try to prep a meal or two for him so he'll still have some sort of homecooked meal while I'm gone. So at his special request before one of my trips, I whipped up an Italian meatloaf.

Ingredients

  • Ground beef (enough to fill a meatloaf pan)
  • Sliced pepperoni
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Bread crumbs
  • Spaghetti sauce
  • 2 eggs (or egg-replacer equivalent)

1st layer: In a large bowl, mix together beef, crumbs and eggs. Grease your meatloaf pan, and line the bottom with a third of the mixture.

2nd layer: Spread pepperoni and cheese and sauce, completely covering the beef.

3rd layer: Add another third of the beef mixture.

4th layer: Spread pepperoni and cheese.

5th layer: Top with remaining beef, sprinkle with cheese, and a few tablespoons of sauce.

Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes, or until meat is longer pink on the insider.

No comments:

Post a Comment