Monday, August 2, 2010

Aunt Liz's Pasta Salad

Sorry the picture isn't great. I had to use my camera phone.

Matt and I have been having dinner with his mom and sister a lot this summer, since she's in town for the summer before moving down south for law school. We have lots of fun cooking together, and I'm enjoying being exposed to new ideas and recipes. The one I'm going to share with you today is one of their family recipes and it's a very unique take on pasta salad.

Ingredients:
1 lb pasta
3 diced tomatoes
3 chopped green onions
1 lb diced cheese (we used Colby)
3 oz pepperoni (optional)

Dressing:
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 red wine vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp Italian seasoning

1. Mix the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, mix the dressing ingredients.

2. Add the dressing to the pasta mix and chill overnight for best flavor. You can also eat it right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment