Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Almond White Cake and Buttercream Frosting

Today's recipe is from guest contributor Dena...

eastercupcakes

Buttercream Frosting:
  • 6 cups powdered sugar, sifted
  • 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 6 to 8 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix together all ingredients except milk. Add in milk one tablespoon at a time until you reach desired consistency.

Almond White Cake:
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
  • 2 tablespoons almond extract
  • 4 eggs
Combine all ingredients, mix well. Bake at 350 degrees 30-35 min for 8 inch round or square cakes, or 35 to 40 minutes for 13x9 inch cake. Cool completely before frosting.

ladybugcupcakes2

I've been having fun making and decorating homemade cakes for the last few months. The Easter cupcakes were my first attempt; they were actually for my mom's birthday. The ladybug cake and cupcakes were for my daughter's 1st birthday. My mom used to make our birthday cakes when we were growing up. I have such fond memories of our "themed" cakes as kids. I hope my kids enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment