Friday, April 9, 2010

Chocolaty-Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

For Joe's birthday, I thought I'd make him his favorite treat in the world - Chocolate chip cookies. But you HAVE to have a birthday cake, so I combined the two:



Take your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and prep as directed. Grease up a casserole dish and fill with the cookie dough. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.

Meanwhile, melt about 1 cup of chocolate chips and put in a plastic sandwich bag. Clip the tip and squeeze out the chocolate on top of the cake. Let solidify and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Guess what I'll be requesting for my birthday... Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I'd be creative and make two cakes and stack them with frosting in the middle - even more chocolate! But the first cake totally choked - it crumbled everywhere when I dumped it. I may have tried removing it from the pan too early. I'll try again someday.

    ReplyDelete