Friday, June 29, 2012

Wine of the Week - Cougar Vineyards 2010 Vermentino


cougar2010vermentino

Vermentino is an Italian grape that I don't have any previous experience with, but this is a great first impression.  The running theme with everything I wrote down about this wine is sourness.  And I'm a fan of sour.

Lime.  Lime and general citrus is what comes through on the taste.  It's also dry and tannic, and very mineral-y.  These things are all nicely balanced for a complex and interesting tasting experience.  Goes down easy and leaves a nice sour finish on your tongue and palate.

And as a bonus, the label glows in the dark!  (Sorry about the picture quality, but I don't really have a good setup for low light situations.  You get the idea though.)  Cougar is a winery I only recently discovered, and they're doing some interesting things.  I'll be looking at more of their stuff in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment