Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cheezy Roasted Chickpeas


I found this recipe in the Vegan Lunchbox cookbook years ago. I made it once, but wasn't too impressed. A few weeks ago I found myself craving it, so I whipped up a batch and have been making it nearly daily ever since. I've tweaked the recipe just a bit to my liking. The chickpeas turn into chewy, yummy little treats.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 can, rinsed)


a splash of vegetable oil (up to 1 Tablespoon, but I use less. just eyeball it)


2+ teaspoons of nutritional yeast


a healthy shake of garlic powder


a less-healthy shake of salt




Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°F.


Toss all ingredients together in a glass baking dish or rimmed cookie sheet, spreading them out into one layer.

Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes if you remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment