Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thanksgiving potatoes part 2

I saw this recipe for holiday spiced sweet potatoes months ago and new I had to try it for thanksgiving. Here it is, with my adjustments.



5 lbs sweet potatoes
4 Tbsp margarine
6 Tbsp soy milk
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp nutmeg
sprinkle of ground ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Poke sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Wrap in aluminum foil and roast until fork tender all the way through, about 45-60 minutes. Remove potatoes from the oven and allow to cool before peeling. (The skin should just peel right off with a knife or even your fingers.)
2. Place warm potatoes in a bowl with margarine, soy milk, syrup, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg and ginger. Mash until desired consistency. (I like these on the smoother side. If you do, too, use as hand blender.) Serve warm!

(I totally stole that picture from the website, because the potatoes got gobbled up before I could get a photo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment