1 Butternut squash
1 large red onion, sliced
1 medium pear, thinly sliced
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 tbsp bread crumbs
2 tbsp walnuts, chopped
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1. Use the neck of the butternut squash. Peel and slice thinly.
2. Cook onion slices in 1 tbsp butter for 5-10 minutes.
3. Fill bottom of 8x8 baking dish with squash slices. Arrange pear slices on top, then another layer of squash.
4. Cover with cooked onions and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, covered.
5. Combine bread crumbs, bacon, walnuts, cheese, a 3 tbsp melted butter in a bowl. Sprinkle mixture over onions and bake for another 15 minutes, uncovered.