Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Stir fry rice noodles

Another attempt to broaden my horizons...

From Vegetarian Times:




Ingredients
6oz rice noodles/sticks
Olive oil
2 eggs
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups asparagus, sliced in 1" pieces
2 1/2 cups snow peas, 1/2" strips
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup veggie broth
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 green onions, sliced

1. Soak rich noodles in a large bowl of hot water until soft and drain.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Whisk eggs in a bowl with pepper. Pour eggs into skillet and cook 1-2 minutes and flip. Cook 1 minute, then tranfers to a cutting board. Cut into strips.
3. Heat more oil in the skillet. Add asparagus and snow peas. Cook 3-4 minutes and add garlic. W
4. Whisk broth and soy sauce in a bowl and add to pan. Bring to a simmer.
5. Add rice noodles and cook until liquid is absorbed. Mix in egg strips and onions.


I found this dish actually a little bland, but I guess it was ok for a newbie to Asian cuisine like me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that you attempted Asian cuisine. As someone who has never made this, or any similar, dish, I would like to suggest adding some freshly grated ginger.

    ReplyDelete