Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Moroccan Sweet Potato Stew

If you know me, you know that I tend to be a picky person. It used to be if it wasn't American or Italian, I wouldn't eat it. But in the last few years, I've been expanding my food horizons - some successfully, some not so.

I thought this would be a good trip into a new food destination. And I liked it! From Sparkpeople.com:



Ingredients
Olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/4 cup veggie broth
2 tomatoes, diced with juices
1/2 cup water
1 cup lentils
1 large sweet potato, 3/4" chunks
2 small zucchini, 3/4" chunks
1 cup couscous

1. Heat oil in a pot. Add onion and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and spices for 30 seconds.
2. Add tomatoes, broth, lentils, and potato. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes. Add zucchini and cook covered for 10 minutes.
3. Prep coucous according to package instructions and stir into the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment