Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Apple fritters

Back in the day, my family would often go to Eat-N-Park for Sunday brunch after church. For the most part, I filled my plate with their apple fritters. I realized it's been quite awhile since I've had something similar, so I did a little research and made my own:



Ingredients
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup milk (I used almond)
1 egg (I used flax seed)
1 cup apple, finely chopped
1/2 cup powdered sugar
~1/2 cup vegetable oil (3-4" deep in a pan)

1. Combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl thoroughly. Add milk and egg (or equivalent). Mix until smooth.
2. Add in the apple and mix.
3. Drop the batter by the tablespoon into hot oil. Fry until browned on each side, ~4 minutes.
4. Remove fritters and place on paper towels, to soak up excess oil. Then roll in powdered sugar, or sprinkle on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment