Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Marchwich - BK Stuffed Steakhouse?

March - a month that doesn't really belong to a season. Sometimes it's snowy, sometimes rainy, sometimes warm. Sandwiched between winter and spring.

Thus, to celebrate the month of March, I'm going to focus on sandwiches.

First up: I'm revamping a popular new burger - Burger King's BK Stuffed Steakhouse.



600 cal, 1250mg sodium, 34g fat... Daaaaammmmmmmnnnnn...

Here's my version - vegetarian-style:



I started off with my recipe for lentil burgers, and included all the necessary spicy add-ons.


Ingredients
2 cups cooked lentils
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup wheat germ
2-3 jalapenos, chopped
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, in 1/4" cubes
Olive oil

1. Combine lentils, bread crumbs, wheat germ, and 1-2 tbsp olive oil in a bowl, the mix in a food processor until combined.
2. Return to bowl and add peppers and cheese.
3. Mold into patties.
4. In a large fan, heat a few tbsp of olive oil. Brown patties on each side. Add more oil as needed.

I put my burger on fresh panini bread with lettuce and tomato. It was unbelievably good if I do say so myself - I'm adding to my veggie burger rotation. And much healthier! For 6 patties:


Nutrition Facts - Amount Per Serving (Assuming BK's includes the bun)













Burger King burgerVeggie burger*
Calories600456.6
Total Fat34g16.5
Saturated Fat12g3.9g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.9g1.8g
Monounsaturated Fat0g8g
Cholesterol80mg11.6mg
Sodium1,250mg469mg
Potassium0508mg
Total Carbohydrate50g58
Dietary Fiber2g12.7g
Sugars7g2.7g
Protein26g21g

*Note - much of the fats come from the olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment