Thursday, September 30, 2010

Asian Tempeh

I wrote once before about our regular stir fry, which we used to make with the marinated Asian tofu from Vegan with a Vengeance. But when I wrote about it, we were trying it with some store-bought marinated tempeh, which was pretty good. Then I decided to make my own marinated tempeh, which is now the go-to stir fry protein in my house. It’s modified from the tofu marinade recipe:

3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
a healthy shake of red chili flakes
2 cloves of garlic, grated or minced
1” of ginger, grated or minced (or a healthy sprinkle of dried ginger)
1 package of tempeh

Mix up all of the marinade ingredients in a casserole dish or shallow bowl. Cut the tempeh into whatever size/shape pieces you’d like (simple cube-ish pieces are my pick) and marinate it for 15-30 minutes, flip and then another 15-30. Add tempeh and any extra marinade to your stir fry veggies when they still have a few minutes left to cook, so that the tempeh has a chance to steam.

Serve over rice, soba or udon noodles with any sauce you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment