Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Harvest lasagna

I'm a pasta lover. Can't help it. So I've been thinking of a way to make a seasonal pasta dish and it hit me - an autumn-themed lasagna.



Based on my recipe for lasagna rolls, I chose a more harvesty-type filler:

Wheat lasagna noodles
1 cup shredded Red beets
1 cup shredded Butternut squash
1 cup shredded Sweet potato
Ricotta cheese
Mozzarella cheese
Spaghetti sauce
Pumpkin/squash seeds
Pecans, chopped

1. Mix together the shredded veggies. Add a bit of olive oil if it's too dry.
2. Lay out noodles and spread with cheese and the veggie mix.
3. Roll up and place in a casserole dish, with the bottom covered with spaghetti sauce.
4. Drop a few spoonfuls of sauce on top of each roll. Top with a bit of mozzarella cheese, and the seeds and pecans.
5. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees covered with foil, then for another 15 uncovered.

And enjoy with your favorite sidedish! I prefer a spinach salad with cranberries and walnuts.

1 comment: