Thursday, June 17, 2010

Udon noodles with shiitake in miso broth


Let me preface this by saying I don't like mushrooms. Now, let me tell you that this is one of my favorite new recipes. That's how good it is.

From Veganomicon.

Cook up a pack of Udon noodles (I think soba would be great, too... might try that next time). Meanwhile slice (or cut smaller, like me) a bunch of shiitake mushrooms and a red onion. Cook 'em up for a few minutes, add garlic and ginger. Add 2 cups of water and a few tablespoons of miso, bring to a simmer. Add a head of chopped up kale and let it wilt. Then, add the drained noodles and let it all cook together for a few minutes. Sprinkle with a little bit of soy sauce and serve. Yum!

Oh, and don't let the word broth make you think it's a soup. That was a mistake I made, but the broth is really just a thin sauce for the noodles and veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment