Thursday, November 5, 2009

Apple Turnovers




In the spirit of Joe's cider posts, I will post an apple-themed "recipe." Yeah, it's not really a recipe, but it's a way of making something that tastes crazy good and autumnal. I actually made these for Joe and Helen's post-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving meal last year and they were one of the best desserts served. Basically I made apple pie filling (check any cookbook you own, there should be a decent apple pie recipe, just don't make the crust) and put it in some puff pastry squares, which I then folded into triangles. Puff Pastry is available in the frozen section of the grocery store. It's not good for you, but it's crazy delicious and often vegan, just thaw and fill with tastiness. Once the triangles were formed, I popped them onto a greased or floured cookie tray (check the instructions on the pastry box) and baked as instructed, until golden brown. Topped off with a little powdered sugar, they were as good as anything I've ever gotten from a bakery. It was all very semi-homemade. Semi-homemade, Mega-delicious.

3 comments: