Thursday, February 21, 2013

Simple Carrot Salad

In reading French Kids Eat Everything, my biggest takeaway was that French kids eat carrot salad with dijon vinaigrette. I thought "My kid would eat that!"At the end of the book, the author was kind enough to include the recipe for the dressing, along with a bunch of others.

This salad also tastes similar to a vinegar-y coleslaw if you let it sit in the dressing overnight. Mmm!

Ingredients
Grated carrots (1 small per person)
Tomatoes (chopped, optional)
Grated or chopped cauliflower

for dressing:
1/4 cup Olive oil
2 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
3/4 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 Tbsp Maple syrup (optional)


Directions:
Mix together all dressing ingredients thoroughly. Pour (use discretion, I used about half of the dressing for 3 big servings of salad) over carrots and tomatoes, if using. Let it marinate if you have time. Keep chilled until serving.

Note: I used my food processor for all the grating, so I throw in the carrots and then the cauliflower and dump that into a bowl and pour the dressing on. It practically makes itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment