Here's a recipe to use up a bunch of your stock veggies before they go bad.
As I was thumbing through the latest issue of Better Homes and Gardens, I came across this recipe I had to try. Here's the recipe, with a few of my alterations:
2-3 cups penne pasta
2 1/2 cups cauliflower, chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 carrots, sliced
10 cups kale
1 cup frozen veggie mix (carrots, peas, etc)
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook pasta according to instructions. Add cauliflower during last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain.
2. In a large pot, heat olive oil and cook onion and garlic for ~2 minutes. Add carrots and cook until tender. Add kale and cook until wilted.
3. Combine pasta and cauliflower with the kale mix and mixed frozen veggies in a large oven-safe bowl (like Corningware).
4. In a small pot, melt the butter and stir in 2 tbsp flour, and a dash of salt and pepper. Add milk and stir until thickened. Add cheese and cook until melted. Stir this mix into the pasta and veggie bowl.
5. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes covered. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake for 5 more minutes. Serve.