1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1 3/4 cups wheat flour
2 tsp grated orange zest
1/4 tsp salt
12 cup sugar
4 oz butter
2 tbsp orange juice
1 cup powdered sugar
1. In a small bowl, mix flaxseed with 2 tbsp water.
2. Grind pecan in a food processor. In a large bowl, whisk together with flour, zest, and salt.
3. Cream together sugar and butter. Add flaxseed mixture. Beat until smooth. Add flour mixture a bit at a time until a smooth dough forms. Add a tad of water if needed.
4. Divide dough in half and roll into logs on wax/parchment paper. Chill for at least 2 hours.
5. Slice each log into 1/2 inch slices. Line a cookie sheet with parchment. Bake slices at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, whisk orange juice and powdered sugar together to make a thick glaze. Spread glaze onto each cookie while still warm. Cool on baking sheets and sprinkle with orange zest.