Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hearty Bean and grain patties

I was flipping through my old copy of Better Homes and Gardens cookbook and I never realized how many vegetarian recipes were in there! So I found this one and altered it a bit to my liking.


Makes 5 patties
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups cooked lentils
1 can garbanzo beans
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1/3 cups brown rice (or a healthy rice mix with barley, quinoa, etc.)
1 tbsp dried basil
Olive oil

1. In a small bowl, mix the flaxseed with 6 tbsp water. Let sit until coagulated. Add basil.
2. Mix lentils and beans together in a food processor, or mash thoroughly with a fork.
3. Add flaxseed mix, oats, and rice to the bean mix and combine.
4. Heat oil in a large pan. Form mix into patties and cook on each side until browned. Serve on toasted bread and enjoy!

See my recipe for the tomato relish in the pic next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment