This was another soup I made by using the random things I could find in my cupboard. It was quite tasty!
For those of you unfamiliar with quinoa (pronounced "keen-wah"), it is a grain-like crop from South America that is very high in protein.
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 4 cups chopped potatoes
- 1/4 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 cups water
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tsp garlic powder (or fresh garlic if you have it)
- 2 tsp onion powder (or real onion if you have it)
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup quinoa
Combine ingredients and simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
Serve hot and enjoy!