Thursday, November 4, 2010

Breakfast for Dinner

My husband's favorite dinner is what we like to call omelets. It is, in fact, scrambled eggs with other things mixed in, though. Still, he loves it and now so do I. On this particular night, I went even further by using some of the million potatoes in our fridge to make my very first hash browns (based on this post by Joe).

For the potatoes:
Melt some margarine in a hot skillet. Add 2 small sliced or cubed potatoes per person, plus some chopped onion (I used green onion because it's what I had on hand). Sprinkle some rosemary and a lot of paprika and cook until the potatoes are soft. Sprinkle with salt before serving.

While the potatoes were cooking: Fry up four strips of tempeh bacon until crispy. Set aside. Throw some diced tomato into the pan and let them cook up a bit. Then drop in 4 eggs and scramble. Coarsely chop the bacon and throw it in with the eggs. Keep on heat (and keep scrambling) until eggs are cooked through.

Looking at the plate, I wish I'd made something green to go with this dinner, but nobody's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment