Sunday, May 16, 2010

Wine of the Week - Cellier du Rhone 2008 Rose Table Wine

cellierdurhone2008

I've had no previous experience with rosés, and this wine was probably not a good introduction - I didn't like it. If someone can recommend a more exemplary rosé, please let me know in the comments; I'd be interested in checking it out. Lesson learned after this week and last: distrust a wine described as "table wine." I know where to set the glass... now tell me what you really are.

The rundown on this wine: It has a rich pink appearance, with golden hues. The nose includes hints of lime. It tastes of pears and green apples, with an overtone of honey. As appealing as this may sound, I cannot recommend this wine.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this site! Stumbled upon it at New Friend Friday! Just added it to my google reader :)

    Check me out too, my blog is devoted to good food, good wine, and fun craft projects!

    Katie P
    http://foodwineandmodpodge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete