Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fresh Apple Cookies

Fall is here! So that means I get to buy loads and loads of apples. First up, yummy apple cookie recipe I found at Food.com.

I recommend pushing down the dough balls with your hand of the back of a spoon. I had followed the instructions and left them as balls on the pan, but that's how they cooked then - they didn't flatten out.

See the baking mat in the picture? A friend involved with Chico Chef asked me to try it out since I bake pretty often. I ordered the silicon mats off Amazon.com. When I took the mats out of the packaging, they had a weird oily feel to them, so I was a bit apprehensive. But once I pulled the cookies out of the oven, I totally saw their worth. The cookies didn't stick to the mat at all, the baking pans stayed clean, and the mats cleaned up very easily. So, if you're looking to save a few minutes in the kitchen, pick up one of these mats!

No comments:

Post a Comment