Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Black bean & Sweet potato burgers

It's time to say goodbye to winter produce. I truly do enjoy a good butternut squash or turnip, but it's time to endulge in spring veggies now! So I had one last hurrah...

I had this recipe photocopied from a book a friend lent me. The only problem is, I don't remember which friend and which book it was! So I can't give credit where credit is due for this tasty patty.

Ingredients
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 large sweet potato, cut into 1" pieces
1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
1 clove garlic, diced
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 tsp cumin
1/4 cup cornmeal
Dash of salt & pepper
Olive oil spray
Olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place potato pieces in a pan sprayed with oil. Back for 20 minutes or until soft.
2. In a food processor, mix the rest of the ingredients until smooth. Add potatoes.
3. In a large pan, heat 2-3 tbsp of olive oil. Form mix into patties (I made 4 large patties), and brown each side.

I served on fresh pretzel bread from the farmers' market and topped with a little bit my tomato relish. It was heavenly.

And speaking of farmers' markets, for you southern Californians, here a great reference list of monthly in-season produce! From Southland Farmers' Market Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment