Thursday, October 6, 2011

Tempeh Tacos

I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. I wanted something different than our normal bean burritos. Something more... dare I say meaty? Looking through the fridge, I saw a package of tempeh, which I had no specific plans for. Tempeh crumbles up nicely and would make the perfect substitute for traditional taco meat! I found this simple-sounding recipe online and got to it.

Changes made by me: I grated my tempeh in the food processor with the grater blade. I also added a lot more cumin and a sprinkle of chipotle, because I was worried it would be too bland.

Our homemade tacos were topped with a totally improvised pico de gallo - two roughly chopped tomatoes mixed with a little bit of chopped onion and a big handful of fresh cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment