Tuesday, July 12, 2011

For the love of Strawberries - Frozen Pie

A few weeks ago, DesignSponge posted this article which included a recipe I just had to try. And I'm so glad I did!



Ingredients
One block of soft tofu
1 small bag of frozen strawberries
2/3 cup strawberry spread/preserves
1 pie crust

Combine the tofu, strawberries, and spread in a blender. (I had to use both a food processor and a blender b/c my blender is horrible.) Pour into the pie crust. Freeze for 4 hours, then place in the fridge for a bit. This goes great with chocolate syrup!

Honestly, you can't tell that tofu is involved. It has the consistency of a regular semi-frozen pie filling. And the strawberries give it a great fruity taste!

Note - once you have your serving, place back into the freezer if there's any left. If you leave it in the fridge the tofu gets soupy - not a pretty sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment