Friday, June 24, 2011

Wine of the Week - Brown Estate 2009 Zinfandel

brown2009zinfandel

Another zinfandel, which -- I can't help it -- remains my favorite grape.  Take my pro-zinfandel bias into consideration whenever I write about it.

I should mention up front that I neglected to take any notes while drinking this wine.  Sometimes you just need to relax and enjoy a wine with friends and loved ones, and not worry about what you're going to say in your blog later.

This was a beautiful wine that set a perfect tone for an evening of conversation.  Bold and flavorful, smooth and round.  My friend noted the gentle nature of the buzz this wine gave, and I agree.  There's more to managing your high than just taking modest sips.  The wine maker did a great job balancing the taste with the alcohol.  They complemented each other perfectly.

For taste and overall experience, I highly recommend this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment