Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Homemade Iced Mocha

While I've been a noted devotee of Starbucks for, at this point, probably more than half of my life, it's recently become a full-on addiction. I found out that if you register a Starbucks gift card online, you get all these discounts and freebies and other rewards. That marketing gimmick worked like a charm; I now go to Starbucks more often than I ever have before.

In an effort to save a little money, I found an iced mocha recipe at coffeeandteawarehouse.com.


mocha1mocha2


A few notes:
  1. The amount of chocolate called for looks alarmingly low, but take my word for it and trust the recipe (the brown sugar makes up for it).
  2. The coffee needs to be a little stronger than usual in order for the taste to come through. I use a French press and let the grounds steep a bit longer. If you use a filter, you'll want to scoop in more grounds.
  3. I substitute almond milk to cut down on my dairy intake, and it works fine. I'm sure soy would work just as well.

mocha3


When you're looking for a cold coffee fix this summer, give this recipe a try and save a little money. (Don't worry, Starbucks will survive.)

No comments:

Post a Comment